2009/04/17

Phresh Pham

Phresh pham put on a little shindig after a poetry slam last night at the fairgrounds. Phresh Pham, from what I could gather, is just a group of guys who got together and are trying to put together more events like this to get people out and have some fun. It got off to bad start when nobody showed up till an hour and a half after it began, but slowly started to pick up from there.


These three guys were kinda the life of the party. They were dancing and goofing around, just generally making a fool of themselves at this 80's themed dance party they threw. The best part was that most of the crowd wasn't dancing or anything because they had never heard the songs before.
They had a photo booth set up but I saw one couple do it. Otherwise this is kind of how it went: groups standing around while a few people danced alone. Sad day.

This reminds me of those creepy horror movie's. Just insert Run DMC instead of the horror music.
This is one of the three main guys that actually was dancing. Rap songs make me laugh, he was dancing to "Stanky Leg." Oh, kids these days....

Since he was dancing for everyone else anyway I guess he figured why not...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to that night with PHresh PHam poetry and 80's party and I had a great time. I also read the rest of your articles to find out if you just dislike this organization or if you have a problem with people in general. It is obvious to see that you have a problem and it is sad that you would critize a group of young aftican american males doing something positive instead of the typical negative things and all you could do is bash them. As well as their culture and their music. yes stanky leg is a song people joke about but it is what these children enjoy. This is horrible that you went to their event to take pictures then attempt to publicly humilate them. But that must be the type of person you are. Godbless

Unknown said...

Your right, I am the type of person who goes to an event to showcase a groups positive message and put it online for the world to see in hopes the organization can expand. As a journalist it is my job to report what I see, and on this blog I am relaying that to anyone who wasn't there. I realize the sarcasm may get lost in the text but I meant no harm. Anyone who takes a word they see on this blog seriously should not be looking at it. This is just a place for me to have fun with my work.
But please, if you are going to accuse me of being something I am not have the courtesy to leave your name so we can at least have a discussion about it.