2009/04/01

Big ol' trip to the FLA.

Went down to Florida to visit my grandparents. My family was on spring break and Dad had asked if I could make it down there with them. Long story short, it has been years since we were all there together so we made it happen. It was a nice change of scenery and I thought I'd bring along the trusty Canon AE-1 and some old film to do most of my shooting with.


Here's Grandpa putting a new stock on his .308 rifle. I got a chance to go shoot with him and his group of guys at the crack of dawn Tuesday and Wednesday and boy was that an education. Hanging out with 4-5 guys around the age of 70 at 6:30 a.m., I stuck out like a sore thumb. I love shooting, but a Colt .45 has a lot more kick at 7 a.m. than it does later in the day.

And Grandma catching up on some reading. I made up for all the eating out I do at school because she made dinner every night. If only I could bring in back on the plane.....

4 comments:

pop said...

Glad your having a great time. Doesn't it feel good to get up at the crack of dawn?
As usual, great shots of Grandpa and Grandma.

Love, Nani and Pop

Anonymous said...

I want the first picture framed in my apartment... I love it! I am glad you got to use film again!

mom said...

Me too please. As soon as I saw that first picture, I thought the same thing.
Actually, that would make a wonderful Mother's Day present. (hint)

Jules said...

haven't you missed all my comments? haha but really out of all the times you have to use film, you use it in florida on vacation? ha ha but it was cool they all turned out well