2008/10/01

Down on the farm

Here is some stuff from the WKU farm. I was bored after I got home from class and the the light was just getting nice so I went over to the farm. It's about a 5-10 minute drive from campus. 9 students actually live out there and work on it. There are 3 main parts Dairy, Beef and the expo center which hosts all the events (the barnyard olympics, Rodeo's, etc.).

This girl just started working out there and is a pre-vet major at Western. She was the first person I saw when I got out there and fearing cloud cover would block the sun I followed her around for ten minutes until she told me that there was a guy milking cows in the barn. See ya.
In't he cute. I think it's a he at least, of coarse I really have no clue. Seems to be a theme these past few days.

Here is the dude that was milking cows. He is the farm directors son so he works there by default. He wasnt actually doing the milking, he stands in a pit about 5 ft deep, 4 ft wide and 12 ft long and the cows get lined up about 5 on each side and he hooks up the sucker machine to them. He really likes that tail...

Same guy cleaning up at the end of the day, and no that is not mud he is shoveling.

1 comment:

Jules said...

the girl looks like jordan! and ewww thats gross who wants to shovel poop