2011/04/10

Opening Day: SouthSide

Opening Day: Southside from Brian Powers on Vimeo.



White Sox fans sold out U.S. Cellular Field for their teams home opener on April 7, 2011 when they beat the Tampa Bay Rays 5-1 behind 13 strikeouts from starter Edwin Jackson.
Even though I didn't grow up on Chicago's southside, I did grow up going to Sox Park aka Comiskey Park aka U.S. Cellular Field.
My grandfather and I would go to countless games a year, to be able to shoot opening day for the Sun-Times was and amazing experience.
Again, my assignment was to focus on the fans and the environment surrounding opening day, but I couldn't help but sneak down into the pit to grab a few actions shots of the best team in baseball.

field1_small.jpg

lick_small.jpg

escalator_small.jpg

stairs_small.jpg

alexislide_small.jpg

becks_small.jpg

lilli_small.jpg

lillislide_small.jpg

pierre_small.jpg

sears_small.jpg

1 comment:

pop said...

Terrific shots. Congrats on your awaed. Keep up the good work.