2011/04/10

Fruits

After a few nerve racking weeks of waiting, the Illinois Press Photographers Association wrapped up its annual conference and contest this past weekend in Evanston.
I put a lot of pressure on myself this year because I really wanted to do well my first year competing in the professional division.
I am pleased, ecstatic, thrilled, (insert other happy words here) to say that among a few other awards including first place feature story, I was awarded honorable mention in the Photographer of the Year competition.
Congratulations to Tribune photographers Scott Strazzante, Alex Garcia and Will Deshazer who won first, second and third respectively.
This post also would not be complete without a big congratulations and Thank you to Jonathan Miano who really helped shape me as a photographer during my first floundering years at the Naperville Sun and also placed third in the Sports Portfolio category.
So if you have a chance, check out all the amazing work on the IPPA website HERE.

No comments: