2010/07/08

Cancer Conference

A couple weekends ago I had the opportunity be part of the team that covered the American Society of Clinical Oncologists (ASCO) annual meeting at McCormick place in Chicago put together by my friend Todd Buchanan.
We were tasked with a shot list that seemed to go on forever and included everything from portraits to meeting coverage to general event coverage.

These are just a few of my favorites. For more check out ASCO's website HERE.



Covering the conference was a blast, but the presenters may as well have been speaking in Chinese-- I didn't understand a word they were saying. Presentations described cutting edge cancer research from doctors around the world. To say I was in a little over my head would be an understatement.




The best part was getting a chance to talk to these people for a little while and to see them take off the super smart doctor hat and just be like us normal folk.

No comments: