2010/05/27

West High Graduation


West Aurora High School had their graduation last Monday night. Having never shot a graduation I had heard how long and boring they can be, but I got there to find a room full of beautiful colors and shapes. "Heaven!" I thought.




We were there covering both the graduation and as part of another project on one student. I figured I would shoot until he walked and then transmit some images for print and be back out for the jubilation at the end.


That was the plan at least. Long story short: the bowl at Northern Illinois University was a black hole for my cell phone and internet card. So after frantically running around with my laptop in one arm and cell phone in other I found a spot where I could get mediocre service.

In the meantime, the ceremony finished, hats were thrown, hugs were had and pissed off was I.

Oh well, such is the biz I guess.

1 comment:

pop said...

Colors were absolutely fantastic.

Again, as usual, some great shots.